Friday, February 25, 2011

Adjusting to life with two


Jaxon was two weeks old yesterday and I can't believe how fast time is going! At his two week appointment he was 8 lbs and 21 inches long. He is getting pretty big. Kaleb was always in like the 10th (and still is) percentile so it's weird to have Jax in the 80th! He really is the best baby ever! He is so low maintenance which makes it easier to adjust. He doesn't care if you're holding him or if he's in the bassinet/swing/bouncer. He is pretty content either way. He doesn't really cry, when he's hungry, he'll give a few grunts but never a full on cry. Last night Bryson told me to hold off on feeding him because he needed to cry because it is good for his lungs (not sure where he picked that up from) but Jax set there for like 5 minutes and let out a few whimpers then fell back to sleep! We are so lucky to have such a good little boy. The only difficult thing is the lack of sleep. Jax wakes up every 2 to 3 hours to eat and eats for about a half hour or more. He is a great eater. He has a few bad nights every now and then but nothing unbearable. Kaleb however wakes up at 6 am and wants breakfast. That has been the toughest part for me as I don't get a ton of sleep at night then I'm up and making breakfast at 6am (and by making breakfast I mean microwaving pancakes).




Jaxon is starting to become more alert and is staying awake for longer periods of time. Kaleb is adapting well and only has issues if both Brys and I are paying attn to Jaxon at the same time. Besides that he's doing much better at sharing attention!

2 comments:

CORY AND ABBY said...

You are so lucky. It sounds like you have such a sweet content baby. I am keeping my fingers crossed that this one is mellow. I'm glad the adjusting is getting easier for you. Let us know if you need anything.

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

You are very lucky! Chamae is overwhelmingly high maintenance! The fact that Donovan is a little older makes it a little more bearable. Anyway, your boys are adorable! Maybe someday I'll make it to an alumni game so I can see them in person!!