Friday, May 15, 2009

Bryson and I are eternally greatful!

So I usually wouldn't post something like this but I am truly humbled and greatful for the outcome of the experience and feel like I need to show my gratitude. So you all know that Kaleb is our life. He is so special to us and we would be lost with out him so I feel inclined to share this experience. Last night we put Kaleb to bed as we usually do at 8:00 and I went downstairs to watch the season finale of Grey's Anatomy. Bryson hates that show and usually goes to bed pretty early but for some reason he stayed up with me and watched the whole two hours. When it was over we got up and the dog (P.S we got a little 6wk old puppy on Tuesday) was acting pretty strange and started trying to go upstairs which she's never done. We thought it was weird so Bryson went to put her outside. I was looking over the couch at Bryson and heard a door shut upstairs. We were the only adults there and Kaleb was in his crib. My heart dropped. Bryson and I went running up the stairs. I ran straight into Kaleb's room where he was on his hands and knees. He had a little receiving blanket wrapped around his neck which had somehow became intertwined and was making it hard for him to breath. I hurried and took it off and he started coughing and breathing. It was the scariest experience of my life. It turns out the bathroom door was the one that shut on it's own will. We know Heavenly Father was watching over our little boy and will forever be greatful for that. I thought about it all night and all the events that had happened last night that we usually don't do. If Bryson had gone to bed when he usually did I would have thought it was just him shutting the door and not have checked on Kaleb. Kaleb is doing fine and went right back to bed after a few minutes of crying and woke up happier than usual this morning. It's crazy to think how fast our lives could have changed forever. I am so thankful that we had someone watching over us and it reminded us that He is always watching over us. Sorry this is so long but I felt like I needed to publicly thank Heavenly Father and tell everyone how our faith grew last night because of the event.

5 comments:

Joe and Aubrey said...

That is so scary, I'm glad everything is okay.

Daniel & Shandi said...

Oh no...that is so sad and scary! Thank you so much for sharing. It's a very good reminder of how Heavenly Father helps us in our lives.

I'm glad he's doing better.

Lenard said...

Wow, your story totally gave me the chills. I couldn't even imagine if that was one of mine. That is so crazy, how heavenly father got your guys attention!! Definitely does show that he is watching over us and especially the children. Thank heaven he is ok and I'm glad you shared your story it was very touching.
p.s. a dog how exciting, what kind?

Ryan & Kasha said...

I am so glad he is okay!!! That is so terrifying!

Dastrup Family said...

Wow Linds! That is so scary! I am so happy for you! It looks like you are being super blessed! I hope to see you soon. Angela was talking about throwing a soccer reunion Christmas Party.