Thursday, December 16, 2010

I lost my child in Kohls!


I know the title of this post makes me seem like a horrible mom and you're probably thinking it's just a catchy title but it's not- I really lost my child in Kohls last night.

Just as a little preface- on Saturday I went to Kohls with my mom and as I was looking through the clothes and he kept running from my mom. One time he really got a way and we found him hiding in a dressing room but it was only a few minutes so not too bad. (It was a bad place for him to be hiding because once I found him- We stayed in the dressing room and he got a few spankings!)
So last night- Brys, Kaleb and I had to run to Kohls to get one last present. I had told Brys about Saturday so he would be aware not to let him out of his sight either. Of course as soon as we got there- Kaleb had to go potty. When we were coming out we turned to walk past the childrens clothing on our route to find daddy. Well I happened to drop my coat and let go of Kalebs hand and he was gone. He started running in and out of clothes and he was out of sight. I looked alone for like 5 minutes then had a store associate start looking as well. She then called a "Code Yellow" which means some horrible parent has lost their child and every store associate needs to look for him! I called Bryson as well to come over to where we were and he was instantly panicked. Worst time of my life. The store manager kept telling me to stay in one spot and I wanted to kill her. Seriously- my son is lost and you want me to stand her and do nothing. After 20 of the worst minutes of my life (I seriously thought it had been close to an hour) a store attendant found him lying under a bra rack! I was so relieved. I wanted to scream at him and hug him at the same time
Needless to say, Kaleb is never coming shopping with me again. EVER.

7 comments:

Ryan & Kasha said...

That is so scary!!! And I don't think you are a horrible mom, things happen! Like when Ty rolled off the porch in his stroller... I won't judge! ;)

Curtis Crew said...

For real, if you think you are the only mother that has ever lost a child...now I will let you know you are not count me in at least 2 times. I'm glad he was found...under the bra's ha ha. He is way to young to hang out there, that's where the true concern lies;)

Ashlie Grow said...

duh lindsay.. why didn't you check the bra section first! hahah. k but really that is soo scary... A few weeks after I had had Sawyer, we went shopping at ikea. We got to the last section upstairs and all of a sudden I realized I hadn't been pushing the stroller for about half an hour! We had Cash with us but I had just left the stroller somewhere and continued on oblivious that I had 2 kids! I seriously forgot that Cash wasn't our only son for a half an hour! I freaked out and finally found the stroller just sitting way back at the beginning of the store and Sawyer was in the stroller just looking around, this tiny new baby. that was probably the stupidest thing I've ever done.
glad you found him! :-)

Lenard said...

That is HORRIFYING!!! I am so glad you found him, that is seriously one of the worst feelings ever. I've never lost one of mine for that long but did have a similar short timer where my youngest daughter ran off and couldn't find her for like 2 minutes but nothing compaired to your scare! You aren't a horrible mom it happens, and definitely sucks when it does!

jaclyn weist said...

If it makes you feel any better, we lost our daughter in Kohls a few years ago. She was playing sunglasses when they found her - and she didn't seem to care we couldn't find her. The worst IS being told to stay in one spot but its understandable since they don't want to have to go looking for the parent after they find the kid!!

Chad and Lacy Johnson said...

That is pretty scary! I would be freaking out as well. Glad you found him!! And yes we really do need to get together soon! What about one weekend after the holidays? Say the 7th or 8th of Jan. When are you due again?

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

That's the worst! I lost Donovan at Walmart once. Thankfully someone from our ward happened to be there and grabbed him because he recognized him. I wanted to yell and be mad but I was about 8 weeks pregnant and just started to cry. It was the longest 2 minutes of my life!